Admission Circular For Master Of Philosophy Degree In Jagannath University
The degree of Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.) shall be awarded by this University in recognition of the successful completion of the M. Phil. Course of Studies and Research as prescribed by the Academic Council. The terms and conditions regarding admission, examination evaluation and other matters relating to the M. Phil. degree shall be prescribed by the rules & regulations enacted by the Academic Council and Syndicate.
Important Date and Information:
- Start Date of Submission: 2 February, 2015
- Last Date of Submission: 12 March, 2015
- Time of Submission: 08.00 AM to 04.00 PM
- Contact Adress: Jagannath University, Sadarghat, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Eligibility for Admission
Candidates for admission to the course of studies leading to M. Phil. degree must have the following qualifications:
(a) Candidates must possess Master's Degree or an equivalent degree of this University or of a recognized University in the relevant subject or in a related subject. Graduate (Honors) and Post-Graduate level candidates having minimum 50% marks in relevant and related subjects and in grading system candidates having at least CGPA 3.25 (out of 4 scale point) in both levels shall be eligible for admission.
A candidate who does not have Graduate (Honors) degree shall be eligible for admission to the M. Phil. Program provided that he/she has to his/her credit either a first division or CGPA 3.50 in the Degree Pass examination or a first class or CGPA 3.50 (Out of 4.00 scale point) in the Master’s Degree.
Candidates having MBBS degree with 55% marks or CGPA 3.25 (Out of 4.00 scale point) shall be eligible for admission to the M. Phil. Program.
Regular teachers/officers (having requisite qualification) of Jagannath University shall be eligible for admission to the M.Phil. Program.
(b) Candidates having 3rd division in either SSC/HSC/equivalent level shall not be eligible for admission to the M. Phil. Program. This condition may however, be relaxed in case of a candidate having first class both in Graduate (Honours) and Post Graduate level or CGPA 3.50 and having an outstanding contribution in the field of his/her research interest.
The Application is Procedure given below:
- Applicants for admission to the M.Phil. Program shall apply in the prescribed form to the Registrar through the Department concerned and the relevant Faculty. The Academic Committee of the Department shall recommend the admission and approve the proposed field of study, the title of the thesis and the name of the supervisor(s).
- The candidate must submit his/her research proposal recommended by the Supervisor(s) to the Chairman of the Department. On approval of the relevant Academic Committee and the Faculty, it shall be placed before the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council for final approval.
- Application for admission to the M.Phil. program will be invited once in a year. Teachers of this university who are eligible for admission to the M.Phil. program may however submit their applications at any time of the year for consideration.
- Any change of the Supervisor(s) or the Title of dissertation shall have to be recommended by the Academic Committee of the concerned Department and the Faculty and approved by the Board of Advanced Studies and the Academic Council.
How People found this article:Admission Circular For Master Of Philosophy Degree In Jagannath University Admission Circular For Master Of Philosophy Degree Admission Circular For M. Phi. Degree Admission Notice For Master Of Philosophy Degree Jagannath University Admission Circular Jagannath University Admission Notice Jagannath University
- ⇨ Admission in Master in Development Studies in Jagannath University
- ⇨ Uttara University Undergraduate Admission Circular Summer 2016
- ⇨ National University MBA Admission Circular 2016
- ⇨ University of Liberal Arts Undergraduate Admission Circular Summer 2016
- ⇨ National University Master On Computer Science Admission Circular 2016