Financial Aid And Scholarships Of Daffodil International University
1. To enjoy scholarship and tuition fee waiver undergraduate students must take at least 12 credits and postgraduate students must take at least 9 credits in each semester. If any department offers less credit/fewer credits, the condition could be relaxed. Students must get 3.00 in English I and II to retain the waiver in any quota.
2. Among the students, each of the husband and wife, two brothers, brother & sister and two sisters of same parent will get waiver of 20% of their tuition fee. For continuation, they will have to maintain a GPA 3.00 Benefit will be withdrawn if any of the two drops from the Program.
3. DIU offered the tuition fee waiver 10% to 100% for the students on the basis of results in HSC or equivalent including fourth subject.
4. Scholarship Committee recommended the tuition fee waiver 20% to 100% for the students on the basis of results in “A” Level.
5. Students taking admission in the Masters Programs, graduated from other institute will be given tuition fee waiver 10% to 50% for their last degree result.
6. Students graduated from DIU (Except from English dept) will be given tuition fee waiver 20% to 50% for their second degree program at DIU.
7. Students graduated from English Department will be given tuition fee waiver 20% to 50% for their second degree program at DIU.
8. Students will get tuition fee waiver 10% to 50% for Semester Final result according to the obtained GPA.
9. The son/daughter of a freedom fighter may be provided as stated below:
- 25% TFW waiver will be given to freedom fighter’s ward in general from Fall 2012 (The percentage may vary upto 100% as a very special one, case by case)
- The waiver will be given on tuition fees
- The waiver will be given according to Faculty of SIT, BE and HSS of DIU.
- The waiver will be given after verification of the Original Certificate from ministry.
- Applicant will have to apply in the prescribed Financial Aid Form on payment of TK. 100/-(Hundred) only.
10. DIU employees or their first blood relatives will get 50% tuition fee exemption. They will have to maintain a GPA 3.00. No restriction will be imposed in taking courses on the employees of DIU. The waiver will be effective only if the employee gained one year working experience from DIU otherwise the waiver will not be enjoyable. DIU employees must serve at DIU at least for 2 years after completion of degree. Otherwise they have to return half of the benefit received while quitting the service. The employee will have to submit a Letter of Commitment in Stamp Paper in this regard.
11. Students who will apply for tuition fee waiver in other different quotas (Need based, Freedom Fighters, quota, Tribal, DIC students, Sports quota, 1st batch etc) should maintain a minimum GPA 3.00 (4) in each semester.
12. The students who are already enjoying waiver benefit in any category should not apply for further waiver benefit.
13. Newly admitted students can apply for waiver benefit under Need based category through the Prescribed Financial Aid Form after completion of at least one semester.
14. In case of transferred students from one program to another, to retain the received waiver benefit students have to apply again after changing their Program.
15. Waiver benefit is applicable only for tuition fee and not applicable for Admission fee, Semester fee, Library fee, Lab fee, Extra Curricular activities fee, Improvement, Retake, Project/ Dissertation/Internship etc.
16. Considering the low cost of the programs, Need Based Waiver may not be offered to the students of B.Com (Hons), B.A. (Hons) in English and other similar programs.
17. 10% tuition fee exemption will be given for DIU Alumni or their first blood relatives and for enjoying the benefit they will have to maintain a GPA 3.00.
18. Facilities, such as, scholarship, waiver, laptop, etc., will instantly be cancelled forever if any student is found taking part in any activity which goes against the rules and regulations of the university and hamper the image. This policy will be followed strictly.
Visit below link others scholarship for Daffodil International University
- DIU Students Set Out for China Under a Scholarship Program
- Professor Dr. M. Lutfar Rahman Scholarship
- Razia Begum Scholarship
- Akij Group Scholarship