BSS (Hon's) In Journalism And Mass Communication Of DIU
In the modern world Journalism and Mass Communication is a very important weapon to acquire knowledge and to develop awareness of the people. Now-a-days there are different types and forms of communication and interaction between media and society are taking place with the help of new communication technology and communication research methodology. Our young generation must know all these techniques, so that they can prepare themselves to compete with others in advanced societies. Keeping all these points in mind Daffodil International University prepared a syllabus for the Department of Journalism & Mass Communication which will help the students achieve knowledge in their field. Daffodil International University hopes to provide the students with qualified and experienced faculty members.
Department of Journalism and Mass Communication offers the following degrees
- Four Years Bachelor of Social Science BSS ( Hons) in Journalism & Mass Communication.
- One Year Master’s Degree (MSS) in Journalism & Mass Communication.
- Two Years Master’s Degree (MSS) in Journalism & Mass Communication.
Career for Graduates and Post Graduates
- In the teaching professions
- In a vast array of fields in the print & electronic media such as reporting, editing, writing, media management and * mass communication
- As BCS cadres
- As Media presenters and producers
- Public Relations specialists
- In NGOs and development fields
- In international agencies as media and communication professionals/specialists
- Students passing with SSC and HSC examination in Arts/Commerce/Science or Equivalent courses and obtaining at least two Second Divisions or minimum GPA 2.5 in both S.S.C and H.S.C. may apply for admission into Bachelor of Arts (BSS) in Journalism & Mass Communication program.
- ‘O’ and ‘A’ level students with good academic records are encouraged to Bachelor of Social Science (BSS) in Journalism & Mass Communication program. At least 5 subjects in ‘O’ level with minimum GPA 2.5 (in the scale of 5) and 2 subjects in ‘A’ level with a minimum GPA 2.5 are required.
Duration of the Program
Total duration of the program is 4 (four) years. There will be 3 (three) semesters in a year. The duration of one semester is 4 (four) months.
Procedure for Graduation
To obtain the Bachelor of Social Science BSS ( Hons) in Journalism & Mass Communication degree a student will have to complete 128 credit hours with a minimum CGPA 2.00. If any student fails in any course s/he will get the opportunity to improve the grade by retaking the same in the subsequent semester.
Visit below link for further information of Daffodil International University:
- Admission for Undergraduate Level
- Admission for Graduate Level
- Offer Programs for Undergraduate & Graduate Level
- Tuition Fees Structure for Bachelor Degree
- Tuition Fees Structure for Master Degree
- Scholarship System of Daffodil International University
- Details Contact Information
How People found this article:Daffodil International University DIU Www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd BSS In Journalism & Mass Communication Journalism & Mass Communication In Daffodil International University
- ⇨ Postgraduate Programs of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- ⇨ Undergraduate Programs of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- ⇨ Formal Academic Programs of Bangladesh Open University (BOU)
- ⇨ Programs and Students of Bangladesh Open University (BOU)
- ⇨ Undergraduate Programs in Asian University For Women (AUW)