Department Of Pharmacy Of Daffodil International University
Daffodil International University (DIU) is one of the top ranking private universities in Bangladesh. It has been established to provide a high quality of education to meet the demands of the nation in various aspects. To fulfill the mission of the university DIU established the Department of Pharmacy under the Faculty of Allied Health Science. The Department of Pharmacy is committed to build up highly qualified and skilled Pharmacists. At present, the department offers two semesters, Spring (January– June) and Fall (July- December).
Mission and Vision
To provide highly qualified and well trained graduate Pharmacists to the nation. This integrates the scientific, clinical and professional aspects of appropriate pharmaceutical disciplines in order to provide a comprehensive introduction to pharmaceutical knowledge.
To develop student abilities to
- Safely design, undertake and interpret practical experiments and
- To collect, interpret and critically assess relevant pharmaceutical information in order to enhance their ability to assemble, evaluate and communicate such data.
To develop the knowledge, skills and qualities which will allow students to progress through pre-registration training in order to practice as Pharmacists in all branches of the profession or as pharmaceutical scientists within industry or the hospital service, to contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the health of the nation, and to provide a base for a continued involvement in lifelong learning.
- To understand and apply the fundamental mathematical, chemical, physicochemical, biological and pharmacological principles on which the pharmaceutical sciences are based.
- To understand the applications of this scientific knowledge in the study of the chemical, physicochemical, biological, pharmacological, clinical and professional disciplines within the pharmaceutical sciences.
- To understand the principles of medicinal chemistry and drug design on which reactivity, analysis, modes of action and drug discovery are based.
- To understand the applications of molecular biology, microbiology and immunology to genetic and biochemical processes and to the preparation and supply of sterile medicines (asepsis) and the control of sterility within pharmaceutical products.
- To understand and apply the principles governing the design, performance and quality assurance of pharmaceutical formulations of small molecules and biotechnology-based entities, the optimization of drug delivery through biopharmaceutical, pharmacokinetic and delivery route considerations and the processes by which medicines are developed, manufactured and brought to the market place.
- To understand the pathophysiology of major disease states; to have a thorough understanding of the pharmacology of the major groups of drugs use in these conditions; to be able to explain the mechanism of action of these drugs; to understand the choice of medications available for treatment and to be able to advise on their selection taking into account the evidence of clinical efficacy, pharmacokinetic, pharmacoeconomics, side-effects and possible interactions.
- To understand the applications of research methodologies in the design, planning and execution of projects, and the collation, interpretation and communication of data and conclusions, relevant to natural, clinical or socials sciences.
- To develop a range of transferable skills, including competence with information technology (IT) and experimental systems, for data analysis, presentation and literature-searching, a critical facility to collect, interpret and assess information from various sources, and the ability to communicate this to appropriate individuals or groups by oral or written means.
- To understand and be able to supply medicines in accordance with pharmaceutical knowledge, legislation and codes of professional conduct and practice; to be able to prepare extemporaneously any medicines for which this would be regarded as the normal means of provision; to have sufficient academic knowledge to interpret and evaluate prescriptions and other orders for medicines and to be able to recognize common disease states and make appropriate responses to presented symptoms and underpin a role in advising patients and other health-care professionals on medicines and their usage.
- To be able to work independently by taking responsibility for the management of their own study and learning in order to be able to identify learning requirements and to undertake and benefit from participation in lifelong learning to keep abreast of future developments.
Visit below link for further information of Daffodil International University:
- Admission for Undergraduate Level
- Admission for Graduate Level
- Offer Programs for Undergraduate & Graduate Level
- Tuition Fees Structure for Bachelor Degree
- Tuition Fees Structure for Master Degree
- Scholarship System of Daffodil International University
- Details Contact Information
How People found this article:Department Of Pharmacy Daffodil International University DIU Www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd Pharmacy In Daffodil International University Bachelor Of Pharmacy Master Of Pharmacy
- ⇨ Enrollment Examinations Syllabus as Advocate at Judge Court
- ⇨ Preliminary and Written Examination for Enrollment as Advocates at Judge Court
- ⇨ Department of Law in ASA University
- ⇨ Department of Physiology and Molecular Biology of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- ⇨ Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)