Nutrition And Food Engineering Of Daffodil International University
This program is for science graduates in nutrition, dietetics, food science, biology, zoology, animal science, agro-technology, physiology, biochemistry, biomedical science, and human biology or related subjects, who wish to pursue a career in dietetics. In this promramme Graduates will be prepared to work in partnership with a Registered Dietician in a variety of settings such as hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, schools, community health programs, food companies and wellness centers.
The trend of practicing dietetics in our country is not very old. With mushrooming growth of contamination in food-stuffs, people have been turning conscious about their food habit. Dietetics is the science of managing food and nutrition to promote health. A relatively new profession, this field has gained importance with the realization that inappropriate eating habits can lead to many major diseases and that quality of life depends on the quality of food we eat. As the trend is new, the nation desperately need a bunch of people with expertise knowledge in this crucial field. By shouldering social liabilities, Daffodil International University has taken initiative to run a department, enriched with all kind of updated facilities to mould remarkable number of nutrition, dietetics and food graduates.
Dieticians or nutritionists help to promote good health through corrective eating habits, thus improving the quality of life. They assist people in planning meals depending upon their age, sickness or work routine, counsel and educate them about healthy eating- selection and preparation of food items according to the principles of nutrition and evaluate and make changes in their clients diet periodically. Dietitians promote nutritious eating habits through education and research, as well as through overseeing the selection and preparation of food services for many different institutions and groups. They fix nutritional regimens for patients in a hospital, athletes in physical training camps, and mountaineers on an expedition and so on. They do research on nutritive value of food which helps to understand the various components of food we eat and the right type of food which provides a balanced mix of the essentials like vitamins, minerals etc needed for the human body. They study the digestive process, the various reactions of food stuffs in the body and find out what is harmful and thus help to prevent diseases through a proper diet program. Some of them specialize in areas such as obesity, pediatrics or diabetes. They form a vital part of the health team.
The main aim to open this program is to train students in the area of Nutrition, Dietetics, Clinical Nutrition, Food Chemistry, Food Microbiology, Food Preservation, Food Packaging, Processing of Fruits, Vegetables, Cereals, Pulses, Oilseeds, Milk, Meat and their products. Beside this, practical training is also being imparted in the areas of Clinical study, Food Analysis, Quality Tests and Food Evaluation.
The objectives of Nutrition and Food Engineering are
- To increase the employability in the food processing sector of Bangladesh and abroad
- To expose the participants to the basic essentials of food technology & preservation so that they become capable of independently handling food processing units.
- To make them understand the nutritional sides, which may help, inoculate the scientific view regarding dietary habits of population.
- To enable the participants to keep themselves at least of recent changes in Food technology & management.
- To appreciate the management & marketing perspective of food processing industry.
- Finally to create necessary awareness regarding the factors affecting food processing & preservation.
- The need for qualified nutrition expert is very important, as he/she understand the importance of nutrition & its relation to health.
- To be able to list good sources of major nutrients to enumerate basic food groups & contribution of each group for planning a balanced diet.
- To be able to state environmental pollutants.
- To be able to recognize early symptoms of common diseases.
Visit below link for further information of Daffodil International University:
- Admission for Undergraduate Level
- Admission for Graduate Level
- Offer Programs for Undergraduate & Graduate Level
- Tuition Fees Structure for Bachelor Degree
- Tuition Fees Structure for Master Degree
- Scholarship System of Daffodil International University
- Details Contact Information
How People found this article:Nutrition And Food Engineering Daffodil International University Department Of Nutrition And Food Engineering Bachelor Degree Of Nutrition And Food Engineering Master Degree Of Nutrition And Food Engineering
- ⇨ Enrollment Examinations Syllabus as Advocate at Judge Court
- ⇨ Preliminary and Written Examination for Enrollment as Advocates at Judge Court
- ⇨ Department of Law in ASA University
- ⇨ Department of Physiology and Molecular Biology of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- ⇨ Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology of Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)