Postgraduate Scholarship For The Faculty Of Science At University Of Sydney
The Faculty of Science at University of Sydney offers a limited number of full-time postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding international students wishing to undertake a research doctorate degree (PhD) in the Faculty of Science.
Scholarships are awarded for subjects in faculty of science at University of Sydney.
University of Sydney is an accredited university. University of Sydney is accredited by the Group of Eight, APRU, ASAIHL and WUN.
The scholarship consists of the full cost of academic tuition fees plus a stipend equivalent to an Australian Postgraduate Award indexed annually (APA stipend rates for 2015 are $25,849 for full-time students), and is awarded for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to six months.
- Apply to the Doctor of Philosophy in the Faculty of Science via the online course application, and
- Apply to the Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship via the online scholarship application,
- Be currently enrolled in the final year of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or relevant discipline, or an equivalent degree (such as a combined Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree), at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include a research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the year;
- Have achieved a GPA greater than 85 or an average A grade, or have a relevant subject specific GPA of 90, or equivalent;
- May not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia;
- Be commencing full time postgraduate research study at the University for the first time;
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
- Successfully complete their 4th year of their current Bachelors Degree in Science meeting the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete in time to commence studies at the University of Sydney in the relevant year and research period.
Selection for a Dean’s International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is a merit-based and highly competitive process. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the following criteria:
-Demonstrated academic excellence through current studies; and
-Demonstrated high quality, innovative research capacity.
Commencement January - March 2016: 30 April 2015.
Commencement July - October 2016: 30 November 2015.