Course Details Of BS In Biochemistry & Cell Biology In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain adequate knowledge and skills on different areas of Biochemistry and Cell Biology.
- Work in related laboratories, industries and field level settings.
- Solve problems in the respective fields.
- Undertake research works in the fields concerned.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing learning skills and research necessary in the areas concerned.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Biochemistry & Cell Biology, Biophysics and Basic Chemistry, Physics for Laboratory Sciences, Basics of Information & Communication Technology, English Foundation Course, Biomolecules-I, Bioorganic Chemistry, Biomolecules-II, Laboratory Biosafety, Human Body: Structure and Function-I, Analytical Techniques and Instrumentation, Microbiology-I, Metabolism-I, Animal Experimentation, Human Body: Structure and Function-II, Immunology-I, Cell Biology-I, Metabolism-II, Molecular Biology-I, Endocrinology, Immunology-II, Cell Biology-II, Clinical Biochemistry, Molecular Biology-II, Plant Biochemistry, Human Nutrition-I
Biochemistry of Natural Products, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics, Basics of Health Economics, Basic Health Informatics, Microbiology-II, Applied Behavioral Sciences for Health Professional, Comprehensive Field Visit, Human Nutrition-II, Basics of Research Methodology, Industrial Biotechnology, Burden of Major Diseases & Risk Factors, Biochemistry of Cancer, Bioethics, Residential Field Practice, Molecular Basis of Diseases, Neurobiochemistry, Biochemistry of Drugs, Applied Biochemistry, Virology, Dissertation/Project.
Credit & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 47 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Teaching position in school and college and University, Public and private diagnostic clinic and laboratory, Research departments in various institute, university and industry, Analytical and quality control laboratory in pharmaceutical sector, Job opportunity in abroad due to curriculum and syllabus compatible with those of the advanced countries.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:47
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 2,100
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 450,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details