- Attain adequate knowledge and skills on different areas of Microbiology and Immunology.
- Work in related laboratories, industries and field level settings.
- Solve problems in the respective fields.
- Undertake research works in the fields concerned.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing learning skills and research necessary in the areas concerned.
Courses to be covered:
Basic Biology, Chemistry-1, Basics of Infromation & Communication Technology, English foundation course, Biochemistry-1, Physics for Laboratory Science, Chemistry-2, Biochemistry-2, Human body: Structure & Function-1, Laboratory Biosafety, Basic Immunology, General Microbiology, General bacteriology, Virology, Human Body: Structure & function-2, Clinical immunology, Enzymology, Parasitology, Clinical bacteriology-1, Clinical bacteriology-2, Microbial Metabolism, Basic Microbial Genetics, Molecular biology, Microbial ecology, Mycology, Environmental Microbiology, Fermentation Technology, Industrial Microbiology, Basic Health Informatics, Agriculture Microbiology, Basics of Health Economics, Basics of Biostatistics, Basics of Epidemiology, Comprehensive Field Visit, Antimicrobial agents, Food Microbiology, Burden of disease & risk factors, Bioethics, Basics of Research Methodology, Analytical Microbiology, Microbial Biotechnology, Residential Field Practice, Environmental Pollution and Bioremediation, Genetic Engineering, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Quality Control in Microbiology Laboratory, Project / Dissertation
Credit & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 47 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:47
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 2,100
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 450,000