BPH In Community Nutrition (HONS) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Understand the concept of community nutrition.
- Impart knowledge for understanding the importance of public health as a modern profession and key discipline.
- Acquire knowledge and skills in developing manpower for working in the field of community nutrition.
- Identify and prioritize nutrition related problems and factors that cause them.
- Work to solve problems in the field of community nutrition.
- Develop graduates for advanced study in area of community nutrition.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Introduction to Biology, Human Body: Structure and Function, Chemistry in Public Health, Concept of Community Nutrition and Fundamental of Nutrition, English Foundation Course, Basics of Information & Communication Technology, Macro and Micronutrients, Biochemistry for Community Nutrition, Growth & Development, Nutritional Requirements & Nutritional Assessment, Food Security, Safety and Food Quality, Basic Microbiology and Immunology, Food Composition, Nutrition in Life Cycle, Growth Monitoring and Promotion (GMP),Nutrition and Agriculture, Fisheries & Livestock, Nutrition in Special Groups & in emergency , Food Microbiology, Basics of Environmental &Occupational Health, Basics of Health Promotion & Health Education , Dietetics, Clinical and Therapeutic Nutrition, Nutritional Problems in developing countries, Applied Behavioral Sciences for Public Health professionals, Applied Nutrition & Nutrition related indicators, Advanced Nutrition in Public Health, International Nutrition, Nutrition Education and Communication, Nutrition and Food service system, Nutrition and Fitness, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics, Economic Growth, Poverty, Hunger and Nutrition, Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Health Economics , Comprehensive Field Visit, Nutritional Program management (Admin. & Finance), Basics of Research Methodology, Bioethics, Introduction to Demography & Population Dynamics, Burden of Major Disease and Risk Factors, Nutritional Epidemiology, Data Analysis using Relevant Softwares, Residential Field Practice, Dissertation, Nutrition and Mental Health, Land , Water, Sanitation & Nutrition, Nutritional Database Data Analysis, Development Partner’s Role in Nutrition
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 49 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD), Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:49
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 1,762.5
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 400,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details