BPH In Health Promotion & Health Education (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Develop knowledge, skills and capacities to address Health Promotion and Health Education problems.
- Identify the common health problems of all age groups and mobilize communities with special emphasis on the vulnerable groups in planning, implementing and evaluating community based health program.
- Integrate knowledge from the natural, behavioral and social sciences and apply it to promote healthy life.
- Develop competencies for Health Promotion and Health Education programs and role of advocacy in relation to health promotion and education.
- Acquire knowledge and develop skill on communication and method - media.
- Learn guidelines for use of communication tools and method in a community setting and also for mass people.
- Design health education and health promotion action programs for in all health promotional Settings.
- Develop skill and capacity building of health promotion program implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Learn the different approaches of informatics for health education and promotion.
- Impart teaching and training for developing research and learning skills necessary in the areas of health promotion and health education.
- Apply advanced knowledge and skill to understand decision making, planning connected with professional public health practice.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Basics of Information, communication & Technology, English: foundation course, Human Body: structure and Function (Public Health), Introduction to Education
Introduction to Health Promotion, Basic of Community Nutrition, Basic of Reproductive and Child Health, Introduction to Health Education, Health Promotion in Action : Professional Practice in Public Health, Health Promotion and Health Education : Bangladesh Context, Health Promotion and Education in Global Context, Basics of Behavioural science, Theories of Motivation, Basics of Environmental and Occupational health, School Health, Community Organization and Development, Health and Health Behaviour, Advocacy, Partnership, Equity, Health Promotion in Challenging Contexts, Social and Multicultural Health Promotion Research & Policy, Basics of Mental health
Communication, Methods and Media, Disastar Management and Response, Basic of Planning, Implementation and Evaluation , Basic Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics , Basic Health Informatics, Basic of Health Economics, Critical analysis of HP and HE programs in Bangladesh, Comprehensive Field Visit, Introduction to Demography and Population Dynamics, Research Methodology, Burden of Diseases risk factor, Bioethics, Data Analysis Using SPSS and Epi.Info, Residential Field Practice, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Health Promotion and Health Education, Health promotion in specific fields, Health Education-Health Promotion and Concurrent Field Practice, Dissertation
Credits & Duration:
The program BPH in Health Promotion and Health Education will be conducted in 8 (eight) semesters of six months duration in 4 years. The total credit of the program is 160 credits and will be offered in 41 courses.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD),Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:41
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 1,862.5
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 400,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details