BPH In Reproductive & Child Health (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Conceptualize fundamental knowledge about human biology, biochemistry, immunology, sexuality, conception and reproduction.
- Develop insights in basic public health sciences like epidemiology, biostatistics, environmental health, food and nutrition, health promotion and communication and other allied subjects important for developing public health carrier specialty.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the issues related to reproductive health, adolescent health, child health, sex, sexuality, gender and women empowerment.
- Identify issues in family planning, contraception and population control.
- Describe the roles of public policies and programs on the provision of reproductive health and child health family planning and population control.
- Describe and discuss the major sexual, reproductive and child health problems in a developing country situation.
- Correlate the Development Goals in relation to sexual, reproductive and child health.
- Develop ability to plan, design, and implement public health programs specifically focusing reproductive and child health.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Introduction to Biology, Human body: Structure and Function, Introduction to Reproductive Health, Biochemistry for Public Health, English Foundation Course, Basics of Information & Communication Technology, Public Health Microbiology and Immunology, Parasitology & Entomology, Reproductive Organ and Function, Reproductive Endocrinology, Sexual Health , Basics of Community Nutrition, Basics of Environmental Health & Occupational Health, Pregnancy and Child Birth, Maternal Health, Menopause, Men’s sexual Health, Men’s Reproductive Health, Basics of Health Promotion & Health Education, Applied Behavioral Sciences for the Public Health Professionals, Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Reproductive Tract Infections (RTIs), HIV and AIDS, Mental Health of Young and Elderly Women, Adolescent health, Adolescent Nutrition, Child health, Child Nutrition, Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Health Economics, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics, Gender and Gender Issues, Women Empowerment, Comprehensive Field Visit, Basics of Research Methodology, Introduction to Demography and Population Dynamics, Data Analysis using Relevant Softwares, Burden of Major Diseases and Risk Factors, Bioethics, Reproductive Epidemiology, Residential Field Practice, Dissertation/Project Works, Family Planning, Contraceptive Methods and Population Control, Reproductive Health of Elderly Women, Reproductive Health of Working Women.
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 51 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Various key positions in different projects and organization.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:51
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 1,737.5
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 400,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details