BPH In Occupational Health & Safety (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Identify and assess exposure(s) to hazardous situations and toxin in different workplaces;
- Identify occupational and work related health problems in different workplaces;
- Relate socio-cultural and human behavioral aspects to develop a congenial atmosphere for occupational safety and health;
- Formulate strategies for prevention of workplace accidents and control of occupational and work related health problems;
- Plan, organize, monitor and evaluate health and safety programs for a healthy workplace.
- Develop organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills of the professionals
- Facilitate, educate, problem solve, and promote health and safety in the workplace in relation to individuals, families, the community and environment.
Courses to be covered:
Introductory Public Health, Human Body: Structure and Function, Biochemistry for Public Health, Chemistry for Public Health, Basics of Environment, English Foundation Course, Basics of computer hardware and software, Public Health Microbiology and Immunology, Parasitology and Entomology for Public health, Basics of Community Nutrition, Fundamentals of Environmental Health, Fundamentals of Occupational Health, Sociology of work, Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health, Occupational Hygiene, Occupational Health Services, Legislations and basic legal methods of OSH, Principal and practice of Management and Administration, Business Communication, Industrialization and Health, Basic Toxicology, Applied Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics at work, Behavioural Science in Public Health, Occupational psychology, Health promotion in Workplace, Industrial Pollution and Management, Agricultural Safety and Health, Occupational Safety Management, Workplace Safety, Health and Personal Protection, Workplace First aid and Emergency, Occupational Accident, Fire safety, Basics of Health Economics, Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Biostatistics, Basics of Epidemiology, Workplace Violence and Child Labour, Human Resource Management and Workers Training, Occupational Rehabilitation and Compensation, Comprehensive Field Visit, Introductory Demography and Population Dynamics, Basics of Research Methodology, Bioethics, Data analysis using Relevant Software, Workplace Compliances, Burden of Disease and Risk Factors, Residential Field Practice, Hazards, Exposure and Risk at Workplace, Occupational Safety and health surveillance, Occupational Toxicology, Occupational and Work related illness, Dissertation/ Project Work.
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 53 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Various key positions in different projects and organization, Development Agencies.
|Number of Semesters||:||08|
|Number of total credits||:||160|
|Number of total courses||:||53|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 20,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 1,712.5|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 400,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details