BPH In Environmental Health & Safety (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- This program will able to assist the students in gaining knowledge and skill for the environment and environmental systems, the impact of humans on the environment and environmental impacts on humans, the importance of environmental safety when making technical, economic, political and other policy choices.
- In the foundation courses of this program the students will be focused to human health and natural sciences, and human behavior with an understanding of the environment and environmental health.
- In this program the students will have an interdisciplinary introduction to ecology and environment, environmental degradation and depletion, environmental effects and impacts, safety and sustainability, and policies and issues;
- The student will develop capability of connecting science and society and balancing the needs of humans and other inhabitants with the needs to conserve the earth’s precious resources while formulating strategies, policies and approaches to management and solve environmental issues and reduce environmental impact.
Courses to be covered:
Introductory Public Health, Human Body: Structure and Function, Biochemistry for Public Health, Chemistry for Public Health, Basics of Environment, English Foundation Course, Basics of computer hardware and software, Public Health Microbiology and Immunology, Parasitology and Entomology for Public Health, Basics of Community Nutrition, Basic Ecology, Fundamentals of Environmental Health, Fundamentals of Occupational Health, Environmental Pollution, Air quality, Water supply, Waste Management, Sanitation, Heat, Light, Sound and Radiation Pollution, Housing and Indoor pollution, Urbanization and Health, Environmental Geology , Environmental Geography and GIS, Biodiversity and Conservation, Forest resources and Deforestation, Soil Degradation, Basic Toxicology, Behavioural Science in Public Health, Social Environmental Issues, Agricultural Safety and Health, Environmental Safety and Management, Industrial, Pollution and Management, Arsenic contamination & other contamination problem, Climate Change, Disaster Management and Response, Basics of Health Economics, Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Biostatistics, Basics of Epidemiology, Global Environmental Health, Food Safety and Food Security, Environmental Planning, Policies, Laws and Conventions Comprehensive Field Visit, Introductory Demography and Population Dynamics, Basic of Research Methodology, Bioethics, Environmental Sustainability, Development and Green Environment, Data analysis using Relevant Software, Burden of disease and Risk factor, Residential Field Practice, Environmental Hazards, Exposure and Risk, Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Toxin and Xenobiotics, Environmental Health Effects and illness, Dissertation/ Project work.
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 55 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD),Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level.
- Number of Semesters:08
- Number of total credits:160
- Number of total courses:55
- Admission Fee:BDT 20,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 1,687.5
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 400,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details