BPH In Epidemiology And Biostatistics (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Acquire skills in data collection, management and quality control procedures, and to conduct appropriate statistical analysis to handle a variety of practical issues using modern statistical techniques and softwares;
- Apply epidemiological methods and tools to measure health situation/problems;
- Identify and prioritize health problems;
- Conduct research independently;
- Assist in formulating health policy and planning; and,
- Able to scientifically communicate information.
Courses to be covered:
Introductory Biostatistics , Mathematical Preliminaries, Introduction to Public Health, English Foundation Course, Basics of Information, Communication & Technology, Introduction to Biology for Public Health, Human Body, Structure & Function, Epidemiology I, Introduction to Data Management, Softwares, Probability and Probability Distributions, Basic Microbiology and Immunology, Fundamentals of Demography , Basics of Reproductive and Child Health, Survey Sampling Techniques and Sample Size, Sampling Distribution and Theory of Estimation, Research Methodology-I, Epidemiology-II, Study Designs in Epidemiology, Epidemiology and Control of Communicable Diseases, Epidemiology of NCDs, Test of Hypothesis-Parametric, Non-parametric and Order Statistics, Data Analysis using Relevant Softwares, Basics of Health Promotion, Health Education , Applied Behavioral Science for Public Health Professionals, Bivariate Analysis of Categorical and Continuous Data , Multivariate Analysis of Continuous Data, Social Epidemiology, Population Studies, Nutritional Epidemiology & Research, Multivariate Analysis of Categorical data, Analysis of Variance, Co-variance, and Factorial Analysis, Research Methodology-II, Environmental and Occupational Epidemiology, Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Health Economics, Field Epidemiology, Bioethics, Comprehensive Field Visit, Item analysis, Applied Epidemiology, Selected Additional Techniques Related to Health, Statistical Analysis with Missing Data, Introduction to Statistical, Research, Health, Nutrition & FP Organizations, Burden of Disease and Risk Factor, Residential Field Practice, Survival Analysis, Statistical Fallacies & Abuses, Introduction to Meta, Analysis, Policy, Health Policy and Planning, Seminar on Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Dissertation
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 51 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD),Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level.
|Number of Semesters||:||08|
|Number of total credits||:||160|
|Number of total courses||:||51|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 20,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 1,712.5|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 400,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details