BSc In Laboratory Technology (Hons) In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Equip themselves with adequate knowledge to understand the purpose and basic of laboratory procedures and their role in the diagnosis and management of diseases, and to understand basic concepts of behavioral sciences that are relevant to establishing good interpersonal relationship and empathy.
- Provide equal knowledge and experience in clinical biochemistry, pathology, hematology, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, histology through the under taking of enough laboratory work
- Understand normal functions of human body and interpret normal functions with view to differentiate them from abnormal functions.
- Explain basic mechanism of diseases; etiology, pathogenesis, morphological changes and correlate between clinical findings and pathological changes.
- Understand theoretical basis of the operation of laboratory equipments and maintaining proper quality and standard: records, reports and interpret results of the tests using computers and other technologies.
- Perform routine and specialized laboratory tests using modern equipments and maintaining proper quality and standard; record, report and interpret results of the tests using computers and other technology.
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance in laboratory practices as well as laboratory safety measures.
- Develop attitude for continuous self learning and assessment throughout the whole of practicing life.
Courses to be covered:
Basic Biology, Physics for Laboratory Sciences, Common Chemicals, Solutions and Apparatus in Analytical Laboratory, Preanalytical Phase in Analytical Laboratory, English Foundation Course, Basics of Information and Communication Technology, Chemistry for Analytical Laboratory -1 Analytical Techniques & Instrumentation -1, Human Body: Structure and Function- 1, Basic, Immunology, Laboratory Biosafety, Chemistry for Analytical Laboratory -2, Animal Experimentation, Systemic Immunology, Human Body: Structure and Function- 2, Hematology, Analytical Techniques & Instrumentation – 2, General Bacteriology, Biochemistry-1, General Pathology, Applied Behavioral Sciences for Health Professionals, Transfusion Medicine, Clinical Pathology, Systemic Bacteriology-1, Parasitology, Biochemistry -2, Histopathology, Clinical Biochemistry, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics, Basic Health Informatics, Basics of Health Economics, Comprehensive Field Visit, Cytopathology, Mycology, Systemic Bacteriology-2, Burden of Major Diseases & Risk Factors, Basics of Research methodology, Bioethics, Residential Field Practice, Quality Control in Analytical Laboratories, Virology, Molecular Biology, Genetic Disorders, Dissertation/Project.
Credits & Duration:
This Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 45 number of Courses to be dispensed in 160 Credits in total, completed in a minimum time span of 4 years.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence Fall and Spring every year (02 intakes per year)
- A Candidate with SSC (Science Group) and HSC (Science Group) or their equivalents is eligible to apply with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in either one and a combined CGPA of 6.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualification are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS.
NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government, Laboratory based work in different Hospitals and diagnostics centers.
|Number of Semesters||:||08|
|Number of total credits||:||160|
|Number of total courses||:||45|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 20,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,125|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 450,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details