MS In Biochemistry In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain higher level knowledge and skills on different areas of Biochemistry;
- Organize and manage Biochemistry laboratories in industrial, clinical and academic set up;
- Undertake innovative programs and research works in the fields concerned.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication and advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing research and learning skills necessary in the areas concerned
Courses to be covered:
Cell Biology-I, Basics of Biostatistics, Animal Experimentation, Burden of Major Diseases and Risk Factors, Laboratory Biosafety, Analytical Techniques and Instrumentation, Cell Biology-II , Applied Biochemistry, Basics of Epidemiology, Applied Behavioral Sciences for Health Professional, Bioethics, Basics of Research Methodology, Data Analysis Using Relevant Softwares, Protocol Development, Biochemistry of Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders, Environmental and Agricultural Biochemistry, Pharmacological Biochemistry, Molecular & Immunodiagnostics Laboratory Management, Scientific Communication, Advanced Techniques in Cellular Studies, Thesis
Credit & Duration:
The MS in Biochemistry Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 22 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Progam:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honors in Laboratory Technology from any recognized University
- Honors in Biochemistry or its equivalents from any recognized University
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
At the end of the Program the students will be able to get a job in various sectors such as: Teaching position in school, college and university, Public and private diagnostic clinic and laboratory, Research departments in various institute, university and industry, Analytical and quality control labs in pharmaceutical sector, Job opportunity in abroad due to curriculum and syllabus compatible with those of the advanced countries, Management position in Research and clinical laboratory.
- Number of Semesters:04
- Number of total credits:80
- Number of total courses:22
- Admission Fee:BDT 10,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 3,075
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 300,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details