MS In Microbiology In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain higher level knowledge and skills on different areas of Microbiology;
- Organize and manage Microbiology laboratories in industrial, clinical and academic set up;
- Undertake innovative programs and research works in the fields concerned.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication and advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing research and learning skills necessary in the areas concerned.
Courses to be covered:
Clinical immunology, Basics of Biostatistics, Virology, Clinical bacteriology-1, Clinical bacteriology-2, Food Microbiology, Parasitology, Mycology, Microbial biotechnology, Basics of Research Methodology, Environmental Pollution and Bioremediation Genetic Engineering, Data analysis using relevant softwares, Environmental Biotechnology, Genomics and Bioinformatics, Laboratory Management, Scientific Communication, Advanced Immunopathology and Vaccine development, Bioprocess Technology, Management and control of Microbiological safety of foods, Biomass and Biofuel, Protocol Development & Presentation, Extremophiles and their uses, New Frontiers of Antibiotics Study, Thesis.
Credit & Duration:
The MS in Microbiology Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 25 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honors in Microbiology or its equivalents from any recognized University;
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||25|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 3,000|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 300,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details