MS In Immunology In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain higher level knowledge and skills on different areas of the subjects of Immunology;
- Provide students with a well-balanced and integrated theoretical and practical knowledge of Immunology , and to highlight the progress and intellectual challenges in this discipline;
- Undertake advanced academic and innovative research work in modern cellular and molecular immunology, with emphasis on the interface between the basic and clinical aspects of the subject;
- Give an insight into the most recent advances in both scientific and clinical immunological research.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication and advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing research and learning skills necessary in the areas concerned.
Courses to be covered:
Basics of Biostatistics, Basic Immunology, Clinical Immunology, Virology, Molecular Biology, Clinical Bacteriology-1, Clinical Bacteriology-2, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using relevant softwares, General Microbiology, Analytical Microbiology, Microbial Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Genetic Engineering, Basic Principles in Immunology, Immunogenetics, Laboratory Management , Scientific Communication, Immunopathologic Principles and Transplantation, Immunoprophylaxis and Immunotherapy, Molecular Virology and Oncology, Advanced Cell Biology, Enzyme and Protein Biotechnology, Protocol development & Presentation, Advanced Immunological techniques, Thesis
Credit & Duration:
The MS in Immunology Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 25 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
Eligibility for Admission:
- Honours in Microbiology and Immunology or its equivalents from any recognized University;
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
At the end of the Program the students will be able to get a job in various sectors such as:
NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government, Hospitals and Health Care Projects.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||25|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 3,000|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 300,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details