MPH In Community Medicine In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Recognize concept of Community Medicine and Public Health including its evolution, dimensions and determinants.
- Conceptualize community as the focus of the lifetime multidimensional service of a doctor and be ready to help in time of need, minimize the suffering of people and have the ability to “think globally and act locally”.
- Identify and prioritize health issues concerning different communities and segments of population in particular.
- State the role of different national and international health organizations rendering health care service at large including the activities of different community health care programs addressing the vulnerable groups.
- Appreciate community health problems with multi-professional involvement in a coordinated manner.
- Identify research priorities in accessing and appraising scientific information, preparation of reports and presentation of discussion findings and observations.
Courses to be covered:
Public Health Microbiology and Immunology, Parasitology and Entomology for Public Health, Essentials of Public Health, Health Services for Special groups, Basics of Health Promotion and Health Education, Basics of Biostatistics, Introduction to Demography and Population Dynamics, Basics of Health Economics, Introduction to Community Medicine, Primary Health Care, Bioethics, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using relevant softwares, National and International health issues and organizations, Health System Management and Policy, Communicable diseases and Noncommunicable diseases, Comprehensive field visit, Protocol Development and presentation, Disaster Management and Response, Project Administration, Management and Evaluation, Final Research work.
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Community Medicine Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 22 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD),Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level, World Health Organization(WHO), Local community organization, Voluntary organization.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||22|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,450|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details