MPH In Noncommunicable Diseases In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Conceptualized Noncommunicable diseases (NCDs) and their significance.
- State the epidemiological determinants (risk factors/ predisposing factors) of NCDs.
- Develop skill in conducting screening program and ongoing surveillance activities on NCDs.
- Illustrate the measures of prevention and Control of NCDs.
- Demonstrate how research findings can contribute to improved health practice and/or relevant policy and thereby, reduce the overall burden of NCDs.
- Mention the effect of globalization on NCDs.
Courses to be covered:
Essentials of Public Health, Globalization and Non Communicable Diseases, NCD General, Basics of Health Promotion and Health Education, Basics of Biostatistics, Introduction to Demography and Population Dynamics, Basics of Health Economics, Nutrition in life cycle, NCD Applied, Risk Assessment, Prevention and Management of NCDs & Contemporary Health Care System in LMICs, Bioethics, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using relevant softwares, Health System Management and Policy, Screening and Surveillance of NCDs, Advanced and Latest concept on Metabolic Endocrine Diseases, Advanced Research Method in NCDs, Comprehensive field visit, Protocol development and presentation, Project Administration, Management and Evaluation, Final Research work.
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Noncommunicable Diseases Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 22 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- MBBS/BDS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy plus one year internship training.
- BSc Nursing with registration in Bangladesh Nursing Council and one year of work experience.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Teaching posts in the Dept. of Community Medicine in the private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD), Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level, World Health Organization(WHO), Local community organization, Voluntary organization.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||22|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,450|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details