MPH In Health Promotion & Health Education In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Equip students with a variety of skills to improve their knowledge and competencies in promoting health amongst specialized and applied health areas and populations.
- Develop appropriate knowledge and skills in the principles and the processes of planning, implementing and evaluating health promotion programs in various settings including clinical, school, worksite and the community.
- Prepare the students for careers as health promotion practitioners working in community, school, workplace, media and international settings with both government and non-government organizations including other developing countries or developed countries and can structure their studies to reflect this interest. The program attempts to attract students from countries and regions like South-East Asia.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction Public Health, Introduction to Health Promotion, Introduction to Health Education, Theories of Motivation, Basics of Behavioural Science, Basics of Biostatistics, Communication and Method & Media, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation of Health Promotion and Health Education, School Health, Basic Epidemiology, Research Methodology, Bioethics, Data analysis using relevant softwares, Applied Behavioral Sciences, Community Organization and Development, Training Technology, Group Dynamics, Protocol Development and Presentation, Comprehensive Field visit, Communication in special areas/Health communication, Thesis.
Credits & Duration:
The proposed program MPH in Health Promotion and Health Education (HP & HE) will be conducted in 4 (four) semesters of six months duration in 2 years. The total credit of the program is 80 credits and will be offered in 21 courses.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honours or its equivalents from any recognized University;
- BSc Nursing
- Master Degree without Honours
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Teaching posts in government and private medical colleges, Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Opportunity in Higher education (PhD),Various key positions in different projects and organization, Position in policy making level.
- Number of Semesters:04
- Number of total credits:80
- Number of total courses:21
- Admission Fee:BDT 10,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 2,475
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 250,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details