MPH In Epidemiology In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain higher level knowledge and skills on different areas of the subjects of epidemiology;
- Undertake innovative and research works in the fields concerned.
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication and advocacy skills and understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Impart teaching and training for developing research and learning skills necessary in the areas concerned.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Epidemiology, Basics of Biostatistics, Introduction to Demography & Population Dynamics, Basics of Health Promotion, Health Education, Epidemiology II, Epidemiology and control of Communicable Diseases, Epidemiology of NCDs, Applied Epidemiology, Field Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using relevant softwares, Advanced Epidemiology, Multivariate Data Analysis and Statistical Modeling, Epidemiological Research Methods and Research Bioethics, Spatial Statistics and Disease Mapping , Epidemiology in Different Contexts, Protocol development and presentation, Comprehensive Field Practice, Policy, Health Policy and Planning, Thesis, Seminars in Epidemiology.
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Epidemiology Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 22 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honours in Epidemiology or its equivalents from any recognized University in Bangladesh is eligible to apply;
- 4-yrs Honours in Biological Science from a recognized University;
- MBBS/BDS or its equivalent recognized by the BMDC plus one year in service training
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Various key positions in different projects and organization.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||22|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,450|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details