MPH In Reproductive & Child Health In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge on reproductive health, sexual health and the factors associated with sexual and reproductive health.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the critical issues related to reproductive and sexual health including adolescents and children.
- Discuss ways that gender and socioeconomic status/poverty impact upon sexual reproductive and child health.
- Appraise the efficacy of current public health strategies addressing sexual, reproductive and child health nationally, internationally and identify their significance.
- Critically examine the efficacy of current public health strategies addressing sexual, reproductive, and child health nationally and internationally, and identify problems for in-depth research.
- Relate the Development Goals in relation to sexual, reproductive and child health and critique standard approaches to improving these indices.
- Recognize key sexual and reproductive health issues of physically and mentally challenged persons and address their priority in development and brought them into the mainstream and included in policies and programmes to improve sexual and reproductive health.
- Develop analytical skills as well as the latest techniques for promotion reproductive health and prevention of reproductive ill health and diseases.
- Identify and evaluate key programs and policies to improve sexual reproductive and child health.
- Develop competence to plan, design, implement and manage successfully public health programs specifically focusing sexual and reproductive health of men, women and adolescents.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Basics of Biostatistics, Introduction to Reproductive Health, Sexual Health , Maternal Health, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using Relevant Softwares, Bioethics, Adolescent Health, Child Health, Protocol Development and Presentation, Biochemistry for Reproductive Health , Gender in Reproductive Health, Reproductive Health and Population Control, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health in Emergencies, Sexual and Reproductive Health of Persons with Physically and Mentally Challenged, Comprehensive Field Visit, Reproductive Health Policy and Programs: Global and National, Thesis.
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Reproductive and Child Health Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 20 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honours in Biological Science or its equivalents from any recognized University;
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training;
- BSc Nursing with registration in Bangladesh Nursing Council and one year of working experience;
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, various key positions in different projects and organization.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||20|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,500|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details