MPH In Occupational Health & Safety In Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Explain different terms and issues related to occupational health and safety
- Identifying hazardous situations and health problems due to occupational exposures.
- Formulating recommendations and strategies to prevent and control the health problems identified.
- Plan, organize, monitor and evaluate health and safety programs for workplace.
- Apply epidemiological methods and toxicological techniques for evaluating problems in occupations
- Recognize the importance of socio-economic factors for healthy work practice.
- Advice government, NGO’s and private organizations about the prevention of disease and improvement of health care, promotion of health and safety in occupational setting.
- Conduct research and formulate recommendation on important and current occupational issues
Courses to be covered:
Introductory Public Health, Basics of Biostatistics, Fundamental of Occupational Health, Fundamental of Environmental Health, Fundamentals of Occupational Health & Safety, Ergonomics at work, Hazard, Exposure and Risk at Workplace, Basics of Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Data analysis using Relevant Softwares, Occupational Accident, Workplace Compliances, Occupational and Work related Illnesses, Job Safety and Job Hazard Analysis, Occupational Epidemiology and Indicators, Healthy Workplace Initiative, Applied Research Methodology on OEH, Comprehensive field visit, Protocol Development for Thesis and Presentation, Risk Management at Workplace, Thesis .
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Occupational Health and Safety Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 21 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1777.5) hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Honours in Occupational Health and Safety or its equivalents from any recognized University
- Four years of university graduation in science or in relevant programme or graduation in engineering or agriculture with at least 2nd class (or equivalent GPA grades) from any recognized university
- MBBS or equivalent degree from any medical colleges recognized by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) plus one year internship training.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Various key positions in different projects and organization.
- Number of Semesters:04
- Number of total credits:80
- Number of total courses:21
- Admission Fee:BDT 10,000
- Fee per credit:BDT 2,475
- Exam fee per course:BDT 2,000
- Total Course Fee:BDT 250,000
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details