MPH In Dentistry Of Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Apply basic sciences knowledge regarding etiology, diagnosis and management of the prevention, promotion and treatment of all the oral conditions at the individual and community level.
- Identify social, economic, environmental and emotional determinants in individual patient or a community for the purpose of planning and execution of Community Oral Health Program.
- Ability to conduct Oral Health Surveys in order to identify the oral health problems affecting the community and find solutions using multi - disciplinary approach.
- Ability to act as a consultant of oral health for a community to teach, guide and take part in research (both basic and clinical),present and publish the outcome of various scientific conferences and journals both national and international level.
- Take history and conduct survey of the community at national and other levels for conditions related to oral health for community diagnosis.
- Plan and perform all necessary treatment, prevention and promotion of Oral Health at individual and community level.
- Plan for appropriate Community Oral Health Program to conduct and to evaluate the program and evaluate, at the community level.
- Ability to make use of knowledge of epidemiology to identify the etiology and to plan for appropriate preventive and control measures.
- Conduct survey and use appropriate methods to impart Oral Health Education.
- Develop ways of helping the community for evaluation for their oral healthcare needs and easy payment plan
- Develop the planning, implementation, evaluation and administrative skills to carry out successful community Oral Health programs
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to public health, Introduction to Community Dentistry, Preventive Dentistry, Oral health Education, Pediatric dentistry and Child Psychology, Basics of Biostatistics, Basic Epidemiology, Dental jurisprudence and forensic odontology, Research Methodology, Occupational hazards and infection control, Geriatric Dentistry, Sociology and Oral Health , Data analysis using relevant softwares, Oral Epidemiology, Dental research methodology, Evidence Based Dental Research, Protocol development and presentation, Nutrition and oral health, Comprehensive Field visit, Dental anthropology and behavioral science, Thesis works.
Credits & Duration:
The MPH in Dentistry Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 20 number of Courses dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) to be completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Course:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- BDS with registration from BMDC.
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
Research position in the field of public health in government and non government organization, Various key positions in different projects and organization.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||20|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,500|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details