MPH In Biostatistics Of Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of high level on statistical theory and practice;
- Demonstrate high level of skills in the process of data collection & management and conduct appropriate statistical analyses to handle complex problems using modern statistical techniques and softwares;
- Undertake innovative programs and research works in the relevant field;
- Function as a leader and collaborator in a research team;
- Have developed skills in communication of health-statistical issues with clinical/health personnel and the presentation of statistical results in a format suitable for publication in health-related journals or professional reports;
- Function as teacher and trainer in the concerned fields.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Public Health, Basics of Biostatistics, Introduction to Demography and Population Dynamics, Basics of Health Economics , Basics of Health Informatics, Basics of Epidemiology, Applied Epidemiology, Basics of Research Methodology, Analysis of Variance, Co-variance and Factorial analysis, Data Analysis using Relevant Softwares, Advanced Survey Sampling Techniques and Design of Experiments, Multivariate, Data Analysis and Statistical Modeling , Survival Analysis, Meta Analysis , Program Evaluation, Policy and Decision making for Health Services Programs , Advanced Statistical Analysis using Stata, Applied Probability (Bayesian probability & Stochastic Process), Spatial Statistics and Disease Mapping , Longitudinal Data Analysis, Data Mining , Comprehensive Field Visit, Protocol Development, Analysis of Data on Specialized Disciplines, Seminar, Thesis.
Credit & Duration:
The MS in Biostatistics Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 17 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1800 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 1 year.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year).
- Honours in Statistics/Mathematics, Biological sciences, Social sciences, Epidemiology/Biostatistics, other disciplines with exposure to basic statistics at graduation level;
- Graduates in Health care or Biomedicine (MBBS, BDS or its equivalent recognized by the BMDC plus one year in service training) from any recognized university in Bangladesh;
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications. Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
At the end of the Program the students will be able to get a job in various sectors such as: NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government, Hospitals and Health Care Projects.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||17|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,375|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details