MS In Health Informatics Of Bangladesh University Of Health Science (BUHS)
Objectives of the Program:
- Attain higher level knowledge and understanding of Healthcare and its organization, and the use of IT to improve healthcare delivery.
- Demonstrate high level skills and abilities for planning and introducing informatics tool within healthcare for improved knowledge, reliable and timely information, and decision support.
- Plan and carry out research process in health informatics domain both independently and in collaboration.
- Demonstrate good insight into ethics, privacy, safety and integrity of patients and related data.
- Critically appraise current issues in health and social care informatics, research, and development and to develop frameworks and problem solving strategies.
- Model, develop and introduce system for analysis, simulation and visualization within health informatics.
- Demonstrate significant skills for the development, adaptation and implementation of clinical information system in a leadership position.
Courses to be covered:
Introduction to Health Informatics, Healthcare System as an organization, Information Technology in Healthcare, Computer Applications in Healthcare, Basics of Biostatistics, Telehealth and mHealth, Basics of Research Methodology, Database management and statistical analysis, User Needs and System Requirements Engineering, HIS Architectural Design, Standards and Interoperability, Evaluation Methods in Health Informatics, Project Management, Clinical Decision Support System, Knowledge Management, Data Mining for Healthcare, Modelling, Simulation and Visualization, Protocol Development and Presentation, Thesis.
Credits & Duration:
The MS in Health Informatics Program will be conducted on a Course & Credit based structure with 19 number of Courses to be dispensed in 80 Credits (1860 hours) in total, completed in a minimum time span of 18 months.
Commencement of the Program:
Each new Program will commence in Fall and Spring in every year (02 intakes per year)
- Undergraduate degree in health sciences or computer and information sciences or its equivalents from any recognized University;
- Foreign students with equivalent qualifications are eligible.
- Equivalence will be decided by a Committee called ‘Equivalence Committee’ formed by the Academic Council of BUHS
At the end of the Program the students will be able to get a job in various sectors such as: NGO, Development Agencies, Public Health Programs of the Government, Hospitals and Health Care Projects.
|Number of Semesters||:||04|
|Number of total credits||:||80|
|Number of total courses||:||19|
|Admission Fee||:||BDT 10,000|
|Fee per credit||:||BDT 2,525|
|Exam fee per course||:||BDT 2,000|
|Total Course Fee||:||BDT 250,000|
Further More Information about Bangladesh University of Health Science (BUHS)
- Download Prostectus
- Admission Circular
- Admission Notice
- Programs : Undergraduate Programs | Postgraduate Programs
- Student Facilities
- Tuition Fees
- Admission Scholarship / Waiver
- Admission Application Form : Undergraduate | Postgraduate
- Admission Contact details