Scholarship Opportunity At Western Sydney University
Western Sydney University is a pleased pioneer in exploration that is phenomenal, important and impactful. The latest national report card on exploration (Excellence in Research for Australia 2012) freely supported what we know not genuine – our examination positions with the best on the planet.
The School of Science and Health (SSH) and the Advanced Materials Characterisation Facility (AMCF) have cutting edge offices for material characterisation, including Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), nuclear power Microscopy (AFM), warm examination, strong state and arrangement state NMR spectroscopy and additionally a suite of other instrumentation. They are likewise adding to various polymeric materials for an assortment of modern applications.
An energizing open door is accessible for a PhD contender to join a multi-disciplinary group of polymer researcher, material researcher, spectroscopist and specialists. The PhD task is subsidized by and will be directed as a team with the organization Imatech. You will be required to show aptitudes in science, holding a Masters degree with an examination segment in Physical Chemistry, Material Science or Polymer Science and/or a Bachelor degree with first or useless Honors in one of these fields. You will be required to show great relational abilities and an in number capacity for collaboration. Learning and involvement in material characterisation, electron microscopy, NMR spectroscopy, FT-IR spectroscopy, polymer rheology or fired will be viewed as worthwhile.
A Masters degree with an examination segment in Physical Chemistry, Material Science or Polymer Science and/or a Bachelor degree with first or useless Honors in one of these fields.
- Astounding relational abilities and the capacity to make an interpretation of exploration results into distributed examination results.
- Fantastic composed English, and the capacity to give helpful input.
- Capacity to work with least supervision and to speak successfully with colleagues.
- Capacity to work viably under weight to meet examination due dates.
- Fabulous demonstrated aptitudes in the field of science.
- A decent comprehension of polymeric materials and in addition different materials (earthenware production and metals).
- Information in one or a greater amount of the accompanying systems: examining electron microscopy (SEM), warm characterisation (TGA/DSC), FTIR spectroscopy, strong state NMR spectroscopy, and related example readiness methods.
- Involvement with SEM, FTIR and NMR spectroscopy.
- Experience working with wear safe materials and polymeric materials.
- Experience working in industry or with industry accomplices.
- Demonstrated abilities in polymer amalgamation or change of polyme.