Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grants
About the Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund Grant: The MMMF awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who have financial need and are committed to working to empower women and children.
Funding Body: Margaret McNamara Memorial Fund
Duration: Awarded for One academic year.
- Demonstrate a commitment to working to empower women and children in developing countries. (see detailed instructions on applications)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Intend to return to a developing country within two years of completing degree or intend to remain in developing country at least two years to work towards empowerment of women and children
- Are 25 years old at time of application deadline (See detailed instructions on application)
- Demonstrate satisfactory academic performance
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMMF Country Eligibility List (see list on mmmf-grants.org website)
- Be enrolled at an accredited academic institution at time of application and plan to be enrolled for a full academic year upon receipt of grant
- Not be a relative of a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff or his/her spouse
- Have not received a MMMF grant previously
- Must be enrolled as a full time student with relevant student visa (see detailed instructions on application)
- May not hold:US citizenship or permanent residency (green card) or Canadian citizenship or Canadian landed immigrant status
Countries: check the list here
Study Country: Canada, USA
Subjects: any subjects
- Passport ID page with a clear photo;
- Visa page in current passport;
- Second passport page with clear photo (in case of dual citizenship);
- Most recent proof of registration from your university; and
- Most recent university transcripts and/or reports.
How to apply: the procedure is through online. With a valid and active email address one has to register through online.
Important Links: link of the official site